Specialist scholarly publications
The British Academy publishes a range of research resources, including series of edited texts, illustrated catalogues of archaeological artefacts, and a Dictionary of Medieval Latin.
- Anglo-Saxon Charters
An edition of all pre-Conquest documents relating to grants of land and liberties.
- Auctores Britannici Medii Aevi
Definitive texts for the study of medieval British thought.
- Corpus of Anglo-Saxon Stone Sculpture
Comprehensive catalogue of pre-Conquest stone sculpture in England.
- Corpus Signorum Imperii Romani
Catalogue of sculpture from Roman Britain.
- Corpus Vasorum Antiquorum
Catalogue of ancient Greek vases in British collections.
- Corpus Vitrearum Medii Aevi
Catalogue of medieval stained glass in Britain.
- Dictionary of Medieval Latin
Records 1,000 years of Latin usage in Britain.
- Early English Church Music
English church music from Anglo-Saxon times to 1660.
- English Episcopal Acta
Editions of legal and administrative documents issued by the bishops of medieval England.
- Fontes Historiae Africanae
Sources for the study of African history.
- Records of Social and Economic History
Sources for the study of social and economic history, from the 11th century to modern times.
- Schweich Lectures on Biblical Archaeology
A highly regarded forum on the archaeology, history, languages and literature of the Biblical world.
- Sylloge of Coins of the British Isles
Catalogue of British and Irish coins, from Ancient British times to the 17th century.
- Sylloge Nummorum Graecorum
Catalogue of ancient Greek coins in British collections.
- Miscellaneous academic publications
Selected content from the Fontes Historiae Africanae and Records of Social and Economic History series is available, under licence, within Oxford University Press’s Oxford Scholarly Editions Online.
The Academy has a large backlist, including series that have been discontinued, so you can also consult the Historical listing of Academy publications page.