Route 3: Endorsed funders
Route 3 of the Global Talent visa is for researchers and specialists whose name or job title is specified in a successful grant application from an endorsed funder approved by UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
If you are a UK or international funding organisation and interested in applying for endorsed funder status, please contact [email protected] for an initial conversation on criteria and assurance requirements.
To apply for endorsement, you must select the relevant fast-track option on the Stage 1 (endorsement) application form and provide:
1. A copy of the grant award letter(s) that support your work. The letter must confirm that:
- The grant or award is worth a minimum of £30,000.
- The grant or award covers a minimum period of 2 years.
2. A statement of guarantee from the Director of Human Resources or equivalent from an eligible research organisation. This letter should be on headed paper and dated and confirm in detail that:
- The employing or hosting organisation is on the list of eligible organisations available on GOV.UK
- The applicant is essential to the execution of a grant or award from an endorsed funder and the grant and the applicant’s role meets the eligibility criteria set out in Appendix Global Talent of the Immigration Rules.
You should not provide a copy of a contract as this will not contain all of the required information. Your employing institution may provide you with additional guidance to support your application.
Full application guidance is available on GOV.UK.
For further information, contact [email protected].
Page last updated: 7 January 2022