Society for the Advancement of Management Studies
The Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS) is a principal supporter of the Future of the Corporation programme and Small Research Grants.
“The British Academy’s Future of the Corporation programme and Small Research Grants scheme are two vitally important initiatives in the field of social science. I am delighted that SAMS is able to support the important work which is enabled by these two schemes”
Professor Bill Harley, Chair, SAMS Council
The Society for the Advancement of Management Studies (SAMS) is a charity that provides a governance structure for the Journal of Management Studies. SAMS’ broader remit is to advance education in the field of management studies and in the fulfilment of that it may:
- edit books, journals, essays, articles or other literary works;
- publish books, journals, essays, articles or other literary works;
- provide for the delivery and holding of lectures, discussions, exhibitions, public meetings, classes and conferences;
- offer and award prizes to winners of thesis or essay or other like competitions;
- co-operate with other bodies and exchange information and advice with them.
SAMS has developed and supported various funding schemes intended to develop and promote PhD studies, research grants, event organisation and other aspects of management studies.
The Society was established in 1963. SAMS is a registered charity (No. 231942).