Professor Rosemary Foot FBA
About this Fellow
Research interests broadly cover the international relations of East Asia: that is, security relations in the Asia-Pacific, US-China relations, human rights diplomacy, and Asian regional institutions. Current research projects include a study of Northeast Asian Perspectives on the US rebalance to Asia; China and the international human protection regime: norm creation and elaboration; a co-authored study on a new framework for the analysis of the IR of East Asia; and a comparative treatment of the US response to the rise of Japan in the 1970s-1980s with the rise of China in the 2000s.
- Senior Research Fellow, Department of Politics and International Relations, University of Oxford
- Emeritus Fellow, St Antony's College, Oxford
- Professor and John Swire Senior Research Fellow in the International Relations of East Asia, St Antony's College, University of Oxford, 1990 - 2014
- Professor of International Relations, University of Oxford, 1997 - 2014
- Lecturer in International Relations, School for Global Studies, University of Sussex, 1978 - 1990
History of thought in international relations; history of Soviet foreign policy; contemporary history of Chile; biography (E H Carr); origins of the Second World War.
Modern Irish and British politics and history; nationalism, political violence, and intellectual history; the politics and history of terrorism
Eastern Europe including Russia Political Anthropology Government Political Parties Electoral Studies
International relations theory, emphasis on international cooperation and design of international institutions; international organisations and law; multilateralism; international political economy; transnational regulation; governance