Language Mapping Pilot Project: Arabic Language Provision in the UK
by the British Academy
- Number of pages
The resource was designed to map the following elements:
1. Number of undergraduate students learning Arabic (including single honours; joint honours; and those learning through university language centres.
2. Number of PhD students
3. Number of academic staff (research and teaching)
4. Number and geographical distribution of Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) offering Arabic
5. Number of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate level (including joint honours e.g. Arabic and business)
6. Different varieties of Arabic taught
It is hoped that the lessons learnt in producing this report and preparing the data for the interactive map will help towards the British Academy’s aim to produce similar resources for other languages.