Professional and Career Development Opportunities for Researchers at Risk
- Start date
- Friday 18 August 2023
- Programme status
- Open for applications
Invitation to tenderDownload
The British Academy, the UK's national academy for the humanities and social sciences, is dedicated to fostering a brighter future through understanding and collaboration. We invest in research, engage the public in fresh thinking, and work alongside scholars, government, business, and civil society to influence policies for the greater good.
We are seeking experienced and dedicated Suppliers to join us in creating a rolling series of professional and career development workshops tailored to the needs of our Researchers at Risk Fellowship award holders. As a Supplier, you will have the chance to contribute to a meaningful cause and help these researchers navigate the challenges of integrating into UK academic life and planning for their future careers.
Researchers at Risk Fellowship Programme
Our Researchers at Risk Fellowship Programme, launched in collaboration with the UK National Academies and the Council for At-Risk Academics (Cara), is designed to support researchers facing challenges in their home countries. These scholars are temporarily based at UK higher education and research institutions, enabling them to continue their valuable work, enhance their skills, and establish enduring collaborations with UK counterparts.
Key workshop outcomes
The workshops should ideally achieve the following outcomes for the delegates:
- Provide insights and tangible planning advice into career development within and outside academia.
- Equip award holders with skills for transitioning into academic or non-academic roles, including job searching, application writing, and interview success.
- Enhance communication, collaboration, networking, and online profile-building skills.
- Guide researchers in increasing impact and engagement through research and online presence.
- Help develop personal effectiveness, including time management and work-life balance.
- Provide guidance on publishing, peer review, and grant applications in a UK context.
- Incorporate monitoring, evaluation, and learning for continuous workshop improvement.
How you can contribute
As a supplier, your role will encompass:
- Collaborating with the British Academy to design and deliver impactful workshop content.
- Engaging with award holders through consultations and user testing to ensure relevance.
- Facilitating delegate registration and communication in coordination with the Academy.
- Delivering the workshops on agreed dates and formats, including in-person and online components.
- Collecting and analyzing feedback to continuously improve and tailor the workshop content.
Application and selection process
If you have demonstrable experience delivering similar projects for academics, a strong understanding of the workshop's objectives, relevant knowledge and experience, and an innovative methodology for delivery, we invite you to submit your proposal by 5:00pm on Wednesday 20 September 2023.
For further details and submission guidelines, please refer to the full tender document.
If you have any questions, suppliers are advised to contact Desiree Noriega at [email protected]