The British Academy awards 45 Postdoctoral Fellowships to outstanding early career academics from across the UK
27 Jul 2021
The British Academy has awarded Postdoctoral Fellowships to 45 outstanding early career academics at universities across the UK.
The Postdoctoral Fellowships Scheme is the Academy’s flagship programme for early career academics, based at universities around the UK.
These three-year Fellowships enable outstanding early career scholars to strengthen their experience of research and teaching in a university environment. The primary emphasis is on completing a significant piece of publishable research, giving award holders a base on which to build a successful academic career.
- Pablo Torres Nunez – Does the development of self-regulation require culturally effective teaching? An international and experimental study
- Isidoros Charalampos Katsos – Christian Human Rights: Ancient and Post-Modern
- Suzan Meryem Rosita Kalayci – Fragments of Insanity: Shattered Lives after the Armenian Genocide
- Jon Roozenbeek – Psychological “vaccines” against online misinformation, vaccine hesitancy and extremist recruitment strategies
- Joshua Rhodes – The Agrarian Roots of Capitalism in England, c.1550 - c.1850
- Vera Da Silva Sinha – Amazonian perspectives on time and number in cognition and communication
- Alexander Vickery – Complementarities in Children’s Skill Development and Mental Health: The Role of Parental Investments, Health and Relationship Quality
- Una MacGlone – Designing and evaluating creative music workshops for individuals under 18 with additional support needs through person-centred, mixed methods research
- Patrick Smith – Mediated Forensics: Documentary’s New Evidentiary Turn
- Tessa Roberts – Developing and testing an eco-epidemiological model of the maintenance of psychotic disorders: An interdisciplinary, mixed methods study
- Henry Dee – We demand free labour: African and Asian migrant workers, immigration controls and the international labour movement in interwar South Africa
Professor Simon Swain FBA, Vice-President for Research & Higher Education at the British Academy, said:
“It is my great pleasure to announce our new cohort of Postdoctoral Fellows. From charting the Agrarian roots of capitalism in England from the sixteenth to the nineteenth century, and examining migration and political imagination in the Northwestern Balkans, to exploring the possibility of 'psychological vaccines' against misinformation, our new Postdoctoral Fellows will unearth fascinating insights from across the humanities and social sciences. I wish all of our new Postdoctoral Fellows the best of luck with their research and look forward to seeing the results.”
Contact the press office
For further information contact the Press Office on [email protected] / 020 7969 5273 / 07500 010 432.