New Year’s Honours for six Fellows of the British Academy
28 Dec 2019
Six Fellows of the British Academy have been conferred with Public Honours in the New Year 2020 Public Honours List. The list recognises outstanding achievements across the UK:
- Sir Keith Vivian Thomas, FBA, FRHistS, FLSW has been awarded a Companion of Honour for services to the Study of History
- Professor Sarah Jane Whatmore, FBA, FAcSS has been awarded a DBE for services to the Study of Environmental Policy
- Professor Julia Black FBA has been awarded a CBE for services to the Study of Law and Regulation
- Professor John Darwin FBA has been awarded a CBE for services to the Study of Global History
- Professor Aditi Lahiri FBA has been awarded a CBE for services to the Study of Linguistics
- Professor Eyal Weizman FBA has been awarded an OBE for services to Architecture
Professor Sir David Cannadine, President of the British Academy, said:
“On behalf of everyone at the British Academy, I would like to congratulate these Fellows on their inclusion in the New Year’s Honours list. The awards are evidence of their unique expertise and skills, of their many years of hard work and of the remarkable contributions they have each made in their chosen fields. These honours also highlight the strength and breadth of the British Academy’s Fellowship and serve as a timely reminder of the significance of the humanities and social sciences in our national life."
Contact the press office
For further information contact the Press Office on [email protected] / 020 7969 5273 / 07500 010 432.