New Years Honours for six British Academy Fellows
30 Dec 2017
Six Fellows of the British Academy have been recognised in the New Year's Honours list for 2018 for their contribution to their subjects and national life.
- Honorary Fellow, Lord Melvyn Bragg is awarded the Order of the Companions of Honour for services to broadcasting and the arts
- Professor John Curtice is awarded a knighthood for services to the social sciences and politics
- Professor Tim Besley is awarded a knighthood for services to Economics and Public Policy
- Professor Richard English is awarded CBE for services to the understanding of modern day terrorism and political history
- Professor Jane Humphries is awarded CBE for services to social science and economic history
- Professor John Sloboda is awarded an OBE for service to psychology and music
Alun Evans, Chief Executive of the British Academy said:
"Being celebrated in the New Years Honours list is a fantastic achievement. I would like to congratulate all six of our Fellows who have been recognised for their services and expertise. As well as highlighting the calibre of the British Academy's Fellows, today's awards demonstrate the significant contribution made by the humanities and social sciences to our national life."