New Years Honours for nine Fellows of the British Academy
3 Jan 2023
Nine Fellows of the British Academy have been conferred with Public Honours in the New Year 2023 Public Honours List.
Members of the Order of the Companions of Honour
- Professor Sir Michael Gideon Marmot (Director, Institute of Health Equity, University College London) for services to public health.
Knights Grand Cross of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor Sir Partha Sarathi Dasgupta (Frank Ramsey Professor Emeritus of Economics, University of Cambridge) for services to economics and to the natural environment
- Professor Dame Hermione Lee DBE FBA (Emeritus Professor of English Literature, University of Oxford) for services to English Literature.
- Professor Vernon Bernard Bogdanor CBE FBA (Professor of Government, King's College London) for services to political science.
Commanders of the Order of the British Empire
- Professor John Mitchell Finnis AC KC FBA (Professor and Legal Academic) for services to legal scholarship
- Professor Rebecca Jane Francis FBA (Chief Executive Officer, Education Endowment Foundation) for services to education
- Professor Robert Joseph Plomin FBA (Professor of Behavioural Genetics, King's College London) for services to scientific research.
Officers of the Order of the British Empire