Applications open for British Academy Schools Language Awards 2015
12 Mar 2015
The British Academy is inviting applications from schools, colleges and other education providers, including supplementary schools, that encourage excellence in language learning. A total of 14 awards of £4,000 will be made to winners around the UK, plus an extra £2,000 for two national winners.
The British Academy are looking for innovative and exciting projects that:
- Encourage larger numbers of students to take languages to advanced and degree level, i.e. beyond the age of 16
- Show imagination and creativity in improving take up and enthusiasm for language learning
- Are high quality and provide lasting value for money
- Build partnerships and collaboration so that the benefits will be widely shared
- Help to correct the social imbalance in language learning by targeting learners who are disadvantaged or who have less access to language learning
A total of 7 Awards of £4,000 each will be distributed to successful applicants from the mainstream sector throughout the UK. A further 7 Awards will be made to applicants working in the supplementary sector.
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2015, and applicants can register their interest by 4 May to get one-to-one help in putting their applications together. Further information is available on the British Academy website.