Excavations of 2008 and 2011
- Director, Foundation 'Anastasios G Leventis', Nicosia, Cyprus
- Adjunct Professor, The Cyprus Institute;
- Assistant Curator, Curator, Cyprus Museum, 1952 - 1963
- Director of Antiquities, Republic of Cyprus, 1963 - 1989
- Regents Lecturer, University of California, Berkeley, 1967 - 1967
- Visiting Mellon Professor, The Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton, 1989 - 1990
- Adviser to the President of the Republic of Cyprus, 1989 - 1992
- Professor of Archaeology, Director of the Archaeological Research Unit , University of Cyprus, 1992 - 1996
- Visiting Scholar, Harvard University, 1997
- Director, Foundation 'Anastasios G. Leventis', Nicosia, 1989 - 2010
- Adjunct Professor, The Cyprus Institute, 2013
- Member of the founding committee, Cyprus Academy of Sciences, Letters and Arts , 2016
Egyptology: art, archaeology, writing systems, religion, literature, social forms; comparative & theoretical study of early civilisations.
Environmental change with special reference to the solar factor.
Long-term world history; comparative archaeology; the evolution of societies; quantitative history; history & archaeology of ancient Greece.
Comparative world archaeology and deep history; the archaeology of the Mediterranean; Aegean prehistory; the archaeology of islands; the emergence of connectivity, particularly maritime; landscape archaeology