Focus of this section
Psychology, the study of the human mind, covers a wide range of topics concerned with human thought, emotions and behaviour. A few examples of questions studied by Fellows of this Section include:
• What is memory, and how is it instantiated in the brain?
• How do children learn to read?
• How are mental processes affected by ageing and disease?
• Why and how do people differ in their responses to trauma?
• What makes people identify with one social group rather than another?
• Are humans rational beings?
• How does human cognition differ from that of other species?