About this Fellow
- Formerly Professor of European Prehistory, University of Cambridge
- Honorary Professor, University of Exeter, 1993
- Assistant Lecturer, Lecturer, Reader in Archaeology, University of Cambridge, 1960 - 1980
- Professor of European Prehistory, University of Cambridge, 1980 - 1986
- formerly Professor of European Prehistory, University of Cambridge, Fitzwilliam College University of Cambridge, 2004
- Fellow, Fitzwilliam College University of Cambridge, 1963
Egyptology: art, archaeology, writing systems, religion, literature, social forms; comparative & theoretical study of early civilisations.
Environmental change with special reference to the solar factor.
Long-term world history; comparative archaeology; the evolution of societies; quantitative history; history & archaeology of ancient Greece.
Comparative world archaeology and deep history; the archaeology of the Mediterranean; Aegean prehistory; the archaeology of islands; the emergence of connectivity, particularly maritime; landscape archaeology