About this Fellow
- Formerly Disney Professor of Archaeology, University of Cambridge; Senior Fellow, McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research
- Lecturer, Reader, The University of Sheffield, 1970
- Professor of Archaeology, University of Southampton, 1970
- Master, Jesus College University of Cambridge, 1970
- Disney Professor of Archaeology, University of Cambridge, 1970
- Senior Fellow, University of Southampton, 1970
British Academy Appointments
- Member of Council, 1997 - 2000
Environmental change with special reference to the solar factor.
Long-term world history; comparative archaeology; the evolution of societies; quantitative history; history & archaeology of ancient Greece.
Comparative world archaeology and deep history; the archaeology of the Mediterranean; Aegean prehistory; the archaeology of islands; the emergence of connectivity, particularly maritime; landscape archaeology
Stable isotope chemistry applied to dietary ecology and environments in human origins research