About this Fellow
Averil Cameron read Greats at Somerville College, Oxford and taught ancient history and subsequently Byzantine studies at King's College London until becoming Warden of Keble College Oxford. She has been Editor of JRS, President of the Roman Society, chair of the Society for Byzantine Studies and President of FIEC. She has been the President of the Council for British Research in the Levant since 2004. Her research interests have covered the Roman empire, and historiography, but more recently she specialises in Byzantine history. Recent research interests include Byzantium and early Islam and the dialogue form in Byzantium.
- Formerly Warden, Keble College, Oxford
- Assistant Lecturer, Lecturer, Reader, Professor of Ancient History, King's College London University of London, 1970
- Professor of Late Antique and Byzantine Studies, King's College London University of London, 1970
- Warden, Keble College University of Oxford, 1970
- Professor of Late Antique and Byzantine History, University of Oxford, 1970
- Warden, Keble College, Oxford, University of Oxford, 1970