The ‘Common Good’ in Times of Transition
Tue 6 Jun 2017, 09:00 - 17:00
- The British Academy, 10-11 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AH
This conference will discuss the role of human rights and equality in political transitions from violent conflict, with a view to informing efforts to foster inclusive political settlements and conflict resolution in fragile and conflict-affected states. Speakers and participants will include practitioners, policy makers and researchers from the UK and overseas.
Plenary and break-out sessions:
- Navigating inclusion in transitions from conflict
- Local struggles for human rights and equality: entry points for political change
- Unsticking the stuck: peace implementation, formalised unsettlements and ideas for moving them forward
- Tactics for change and changing tactics: from dirty deal to social contract in deeply divided societies
- How to support social change through peace processes and beyond
Please click here for the conference programme
If you would like to attend this event, please RSVP to Annette Oppong [email protected]. In your reply, please indicate which parallel session you would like to attend. If no preference is expressed, a session will be allocated to you.
This event is free of charge but spaces are limited and, therefore, registration is required.