The strategy, to 2022, positions the Academy as the UK leader for the humanities and social sciences and outlines its ambitions to speak up for the subjects, showing how they can help to shape the great themes of the age.
The five strategic aims for the Academy are:
- To speak up for the humanities and the social sciences
- To invest in the very best researchers and research
- To inform and enrich debate around society’s greatest questions
- To ensure sustained international engagement and collaboration
- To make the most of the Academy’s assets to secure the Academy for the future