High quality research has the potential to transform education in the UK, and beyond. But how do we create optimal conditions for this to happen? How do we ensure that research informs and is informed by policy and practice? This project, led jointly by the British Academy and Royal Society, will investigate the opportunities and challenges for teachers, researchers and policy-makers as the key actors at a time when the demand for educational research is growing whilst the research capacity appears to be shrinking.
This project is guided by a working group whose membership comprises:
- Professor Sir Alan Wilson FBA FRS (Chair), Professor of Urban and Regional Systems, University College London
- Professor Stephen Ball FBA, Distinguished Service Professor of Sociology of Education, UCL Institute of Education, London
- Professor Paul Connolly, Dean of Research for the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, Queen’s University, Belfast
- Professor Graham Donaldson CB, Honorary Professor, University of Glasgow
- Professor David Gough, Professor of Evidence Informed Policy and Practice, UCL Institute of Education, London
- Professor John Gray FBA, Faculty of Education, University of Cambridge
- Dame Susan John, Executive Director, Challenge Partners
- Professor Jill Johnes, Professor of Production Economics and Acting Dean of the Business School, University of Huddersfield
- Professor John Leach, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Sheffield Hallam University
- Ray Shostak CBE, Honorary Norham Fellow, Department of Education, University of Oxford
- Dame Ruth Silver, Founding President, Further Education Trust for Leadership
- Professor Stephen Sparks CBE FRS, Professor of Geology, University of Bristol
We have also launched a Call for Views and would welcome evidence from anyone who works with educational research, who manages or who is a user of educational research.
Please submit your completed response to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 25 November 2016.
Science Policy (Educational Research)
The Royal Society
6–9 Carlton House Terrace