The British Academy and the British Society for Population Studies held a series of private policy forums to examine how data from population studies can help tackle some of the most pressing policy problems of our day.
Bringing together senior policymakers, practitioners, and the UK’s leading academics, these forums provide participants with the opportunity to discuss and debate:
- how population studies research is being used across UK policymaking;
- the causes and consequences of demographic change in contemporary Britain; and
- how academics and policymaking can collaborate to tackle the challenges we face.
Each forum concentrated on a different challenge facing policymakers:
- ‘New’ Data For Policy: exploiting big data (8th July 2015)
- Changing Families and Households (14th July 2015)
- Ageing Britain (15th July 2015)
- Diverse Britain (21st July 2015)
You can download the briefings using the links in the column on the left-hand side of the page.
Publication date: 2015
Publisher: British Academy