The British Academy is inviting applications from schools, colleges and other education providers, including supplementary schools, that encourage excellence in language learning. A total of 14 awards of £4,000 will be made to winners around the UK, plus an extra £2,000 for two national winners.
The British Academy are looking for innovative and exciting projects that:
- Encourage larger numbers of students to take languages to advanced and degree level, i.e. beyond the age of 16
- Show imagination and creativity in improving take up and enthusiasm for language learning
- Are high quality and provide lasting value for money
- Build partnerships and collaboration so that the benefits will be widely shared
- Help to correct the social imbalance in language learning by targeting learners who are disadvantaged or who have less access to language learning
A total of 7 Awards of £4,000 each will be distributed to successful applicants from the mainstream sector throughout the UK. A further 7 Awards will be made to applicants working in the supplementary sector.
The deadline for applications is 30 June 2015, and applicants can register their interest by 4 May to get one-to-one help in putting their applications together. Further information is available on the British Academy website.