Welcome to The British Academy.
We invite our visitors to use our Guest Wireless Network, free of charge, whilst using or visiting the building.
Please note that devices will disconnect from our Guest Wireless Network if they enter sleep mode, are closed, are left inactive for a period of 2 hours or more or you depart the building.
Please be advised of the following policy whilst using the service -
Any individual connected to the Guest Wireless Network must comply with this policy.
The British Academy makes no representation or warranties concerning the availability or security of the wireless network and all use is provided on an as-is basis.
By using the wireless network you agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless The British Academy for any losses or damages that may result from your use of the Guest Wireless Network.
The British Academy takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content uploaded, shared, transmitted, or downloaded by you or any third party, or for anything you may encounter or any data that may be lost or compromised while connected to the Guest Wireless Network.
The British Academy reserves the right to disconnect any user at any time and for any reason. The Guest Wireless Network is provided as a courtesy to allow our visitors at access to the internet. Users will not be given access to The British Academy intranet or permission to install any software on our computers.
Inappropriate use of the Guest Wireless Network is not permitted. This policy does not enumerate all possible inappropriate uses but rather presents some guidelines (see below) that The British Academy may at any time use to make a determination that a particular use is inappropriate:
- Users must respect the privacy and intellectual property rights of others.
- Users must respect the integrity of our network and any other public or private computing and network systems.
- Use of the Guest Wireless Network for malicious, fraudulent, or misrepresentative purposes is prohibited.
- The Guest Wireless Network may not be used in a manner that precludes or hampers other users access to the Guest Wireless Network or other any other networks.
- Nothing may be installed or used that modifies, disrupts, or interferes in any way with service for any user, host, or network.