The British Academy provides a variety of grants and fellowships to support academic research, career development and wider engagement across the full range of the humanities and social sciences. Funding opportunities cover UK and international research from the postdoctoral level upwards, supporting the best ideas, individuals and intellectual resources.
About our funding
- General information about British Academy research funding
- What sort of research do we fund?
- Guidance for applicants
- Guidance for award holders
- Guidance for current BA/Leverhulme Small Research Grant holders
- Guidance for current BA Postdoctoral Fellowship award holders
- Guidance for all other award holders
- Early career researchers
- Assessment and peer review
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Code of practice