About this Fellow
Western Europe France History of a specific country France Applied and Decorative Arts, and Craft History of Art
- Formerly Director, The Wallace Collection
- Director, The Wallace Collection, 1992 - 2011
- Museum Assistant, Wallace Collection, 1974 - 1978
- Museum Assistant - Assistant Director, Wallace Collection, 1979 - 1992
- Director, The Wallace Collection, 1992
Western Europe France History of Art
Ethnomusicology: music as an agent of change in culture and modern history; music and religion and race; music in European Judaism and Islam.
Islamic art, with particular reference to Iran and Syria; medieval architecture, book painting and iconography
History of British art in the late 19th and 20th centuries, including the imagery of the suffrage campaign, early 20th-century British modernism, art education, and the London art world in the 1960s.