About this Fellow
Richard Evans was born in Woodford, London on 29 September 1947 and educated at Jesus and St Antony's Colleges, Oxford (MA and DPhil in Modern History, 1973). He served as Professor of European History at the University of East Anglia from 1983-89 then as Professor of History at Birbkeck, University of London from 1989-98. In 1998 he moved to the University of Cambridge, where he worked as Professor of Modern History from 1998-2008, as Regius Professor of History from 2008-16 and as President of Wolfson College from 2010-17.
- Provost, Gresham College, London
- Professor of European History, University of East Anglia, 1983 - 1989
- Professor of History, Birkbeck College University of London, 1989 - 1998
- Regius Professor of Modern History, Fellow of Gonville and Caius College, University of Cambridge, 1998 - 2010
- President, Wolfson College; Provost, Gresham College, London, Wolfson College, University of Cambridge, 2010 - 1970