About this Fellow
Ethnomusicology: music as an agent of change in culture and modern history; music and religion and race; music in European Judaism and Islam.
- Mary Werkman Distinguished Service Professor of the Humanities and of Music, The University of Chicago
- Vising Professor of Music, Newcastle University, 2002 - 2006
- Gastprofessor, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, University of Berlin, 2005
- Visiting Distinguished Professor of Ethnomusicology and Ritual Studies, Yale University, 2006
- MacMurray College, Jacksonville, Illinois, USA, Other Foreign Institutions, 1982 - 1984
- Mary Werkman Distinguished Service Professor of the Humanities and of Music, The University of Chicago, 1987