- Emeritus Professor of Geography, University of Cambridge
- Agricultural Economics Research Institute, University of Oxford, 1954 - 1959
- Lecturer, Reader, Professor of Geography, University of Bristol, 1965 - 1976
- Professor of Geography, University of Cambridge, 1976 - 1996
- Emeritus Professor of Geography, Corpus Christi College, University of Cambridge, 1976 - 1996
I am an anthropologist with a particular interest in popular culture, religion, and the verbal arts, both oral and written. Most of my research has been in the Yoruba-speaking area of Nigeria, and I am currently working on early Yoruba print culture.
Social & Cultural Anthropology, Other Branches West Africa
Global Geography History of Geography Urban Studies