Professor Ken Booth FBA
About this Fellow
- Senior Research Associate, Department of International Politics, Aberystwyth University
- Senior Research Fellow, Dalhousie University, 1979 - 1981
- Chair, British International Studies Association, 1995 - 1996
- Head of Department, Department of International Politics, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1999 - 2005
- E H Carr Professor of International Politics, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1999
- , University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1967
- E H Carr Professor of International Politics, Aberystwyth University, 1999
Legal & political theory, both historical & modern, including theories of human rights, the rule of law, property, historic injustice, cosmopolitanism, democracy & unconditional structure, as well as torture & other security issues.
Political philosophy; the ethics of war; bioethics; theories of justice
International relations, with particular reference to theories of global order & global governance: the history of thought on international law & relations: the international relations of the Americas, especially Brazil
Comparative democratic institutions & processes, especially voting in legislatures & electoral systems; & European Union politics, especially the European Parliament & European Parliament elections.