Professor Ken Booth FBA
About this Fellow
- Senior Research Associate, Department of International Politics, Aberystwyth University
- Senior Research Fellow, Dalhousie University, 1979 - 1981
- Chair, British International Studies Association, 1995 - 1996
- Head of Department, Department of International Politics, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1999 - 2005
- E H Carr Professor of International Politics, University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1999
- , University of Wales, Aberystwyth, 1967
- E H Carr Professor of International Politics, Aberystwyth University, 1999
Politics in the Middle East, particularly in Iraq & Egypt; Islamic political thought; the relationship between art & power in the Middle East.
My research interests involve examining the nature & significance of political participation, particularly electoral participation, & also in understanding the causes & effects of public opinion on politics.
Political theory: theories of law and the state, pluralism, toleration, republicanism, global justice, secularism and religion
Moral and political philosophy; philosophy of mind; metaphysics