About this Fellow
- Formerly Professor of Ancient Philosophy, University of Paris IV - Sorbonne
- Fellow and Tutor, Balliol College University of Oxford, 1978 - 1994
- Fellow and Tutor, Oriel College University of Oxford, 1968 - 1978
- Retired. Formerly Professor of Ancient Philosophy, University of Geneva, 2006
- Professor of Ancient Philosophy, University of Geneva, 1994
Logic and the philosophy of language; the semantics and logic of propositional attitudes, indexicals, demonstratives, and expressives.
Logic and philosophy of science, with concentration on foundations of physics, within an empiricist approach
Political philosophy; the ethics of war; bioethics; theories of justice
Philosophy of physics, especially the direction of time & the interpretation of quantum theory; pragmatism & metaphysics; philosophy of language.