About this Fellow
East Asia China South America Brazil Economics Commerce Economic Systems Political Economics Technological Economics
- Professor Emeritus, University of Birmingham
- Professor of Organisation, Aston University, 1973 - 1991
- Diageo Professor of Management, University of Cambridge, 1991 - 2000
- Chair of Commerce, University of Birmingham, 2000
- Professor Emeritus, University of Birmingham, 2009
- Chair of Commerce, University of Birmingham, University of Birmingham, 2000
- , Aston University, 1966 - 1968
- Chair of Commerce, University of Birmingham, University of Birmingham, 2000 - 2009
Criminology: Situational Action Theory, crime as moral actions, social ecology of crime, crime & human development, knowledge-based crime prevention policy.
Social policy & social gerontology including polictical economy, comparitive research in Europe & East Asia, & the theory & application of social quality
Education at the interfaces of culture, policy and practice, usually though not exclusively in the primary phase: pedagogy, classroom discourse, curriculum, comparative/international education, education for development.
Intergenerational relationships in families & society; Social policies & poverty; Comparative family patterns & policies; Gender inequalities; Issues of reconciliation of family & work.