About this Fellow
- Senior Fellow, McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, Cambridge
- Fellow, Tutor and Lecturer, Girton College University of Cambridge, 1971 - 1995
- Lecturer in History and Archaeology of the Ancient Near East, University of Cambridge, 1989 - 1995
- , Archaeologist working in Iraq and Syria, 1951
- Fellow, McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, Cambridge, University of Cambridge, 1995
- Metropolitan Musem of Art, NYC, Other Foreign Institutions, 1954 - 1956
- Senior Fellow, McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research, Cambridge, University of Cambridge, 1995
Archaeology Art and Archaeology of Rome, Italy and the Roman Provinces Prehistoric Archaeology
Classics and Ancient History History Art and Archaeology of Greece and the Greek World History of Greece and the Greek World Southern Europe Greece
Prehistoric archaeology; wetlands, environmental change and human responses, landscapes of the North Sea Plain, the European beaver, anthropomorphic wooden figurines, the heritage management of wetlands.
Human evolution: the evolutionary ecology of extinct hominins; the evolution of human behaviour and culture; prehistory and archaeology of early human populations; evolutionary theory in archaeology and anthropology.