About this Fellow
- Emeritus Professor of Psychology, University of Stirling
- Research Fellow, Industrial Training Research Unit, University of London, 1968 - 1970
- Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader, Professor, University of Stirling, 1970
- Emeritus Professor of Psychology, University of Stirling, University of Stirling, 2006
- Emeritus Professor of Psychology, University of Stirling, 2006
British Academy Appointments
- Member of Council, 2003 - 2006
Psychology Life span psychology Sociology Life span sociology
Perception and action; the role of selective attention in perceptual and motor processes, understanding other people via motor simulation processes, the influence of perception and action on emotion.
Conceptual development: innate representational capacities and the mechanisms that allow humans to transcend them; the acquisition (over evolutionary, historical and ontogenetic time frames) of physical, biological, and mathematical concepts.
The psychology of judgment and decision-making; the nature and measurement of well-being