About this Fellow
Helen Cooper is Emeritus Professor of Medieval and Renaissance English at Magdalene College, University of Cambridge.
- Emeritus Professor of Medieval and Renaissance English, Magdalene College, University of Cambridge
- Honorary Fellow, University College, Oxford
- Professor of Medieval and Renaissance English, Magdalene College, University of Cambridge, 2004 - 2014
- Tutorial Fellow in English, University College, University of Oxford, 1978 - 2004
- Junior Research Fellowship, Murray Edwards College, University of Cambridge, 1971 - 1974
Social Theory Early Modern History Religious Studies Medieval History - Medieval Studies
Law Private Law (Contract, Restitution, Tort) Legal History Intellectual Property and Information Law Scots Law Private Law (Property, Equity, Trusts) Private Law (Family, Persons)
Western European art and architecture 1100-1400; royal and ecclesiastical patronage; the art of liturgy and death; hagiography; wall, panel and manuscript painting; Cambridge illuminated manuscripts; international artistic relations.
Medieval history: narrative sources, primarily in north-western Europe in the 11th to 13th centuries, as evidence for the perceptions and values that shaped war and politics.