About this Fellow
- Formerly Vinerian Professor of English Law, University of Oxford
- Fellow, Magdalen College University of Oxford, 1954 - 1979
- All Souls Reader in English Law, University of Oxford, 1964 - 1979
- Fellow and Vinerian Professor of English Law, All Souls College University of Oxford, 1979 - 1996
- formerly Vinerian Professor of English Law, University of Oxford, University of Oxford, 1979
Legal & political theory, both historical & modern, including theories of human rights, the rule of law, property, historic injustice, cosmopolitanism, democracy & unconditional structure, as well as torture & other security issues.
Public law: constitutional & administrative law, constitutional theory, legal & political thought.
Intellectual property law (copyright & trade marks) & private international law, from sixteenth century Papal printing priviledges to digital media in domestic & international law.
Criminal justice; philosophy of criminal law; penal theory; the history of crime & punishment; security & counter-terrorism law & policy.