About this Fellow
Geography Economic Geography Europe USA, Canada and/or Mexico
- Professor and Director of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford
- Assistant Professor, Harvard University, 1978 - 1983
- Associate Professor, The University of Chicago, 1983 - 1985
- Professor, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburg, 1985 - 1991
- Professor, Monash University, 1990 - 1994
- Halford Mackinder Professor of Geography, and Head of School, University of Oxford, University of Oxford, 1995
- Professor and Director of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford, 1995
Anthropology of the environment, cultural cognition, ethnobiological knowledge systems; eastern Indonesia
Communications and Media Studies USA, Canada and/or Mexico
The anthropology of kinship with particular reference to Malaysia & Britain, domestic relations, historical migration, the house, adoption reunions, kinship & memory, bodily substance, the interface between popular & medical ideas about blood.
Social theory and human geography; colonial power, late modern war and military occupation in the Middle East; Orientalism and cultures of travel in Egypt, 1780-1920.