About this Fellow
- Honorary Research Fellow, Institute of Psychiatry, King's College London.
- Research Worker, Social Research Unit, Bedford College University of London, 1968 - 1972
- Research Worker, Medical Research Council, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience University of London, 1956 - 1968
- Honorary Research Fellow, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience University of London, 2013
- External Scientific Staff Medical Research Council, Royal Holloway University of London, 1972 - 1995
- Honorary Research Fellow, Royal Holloway University of London, 1980 - 2013
The design, implementation and impact of social policy: comparative research on family policy, social security and employment policy, with particular reference to gender and changing family patterns
Family change in developed countries: family environments and child well-being in the early years: co-habitation & unmarried parenthood; parental separation & children's well-being; life course analysis
Sociology & philospophy of knowledge, expertise & science; tacit knowledge; sociology of scientific knowledge; artificial intelligence; gravitational-wave detection since 1970; imitation Game for measuring expertise; science & the good society
The strategy & structure of large multinational corporations, & in particular the processes of innovation & entrepreneurship that facilitate their adaption to changing economic circumstances.