About this Fellow
Q.C.(Hon.); law of agency and international commercial law.
- Professor of Law Emeritus, University of Oxford
- Fellow, Worcester College University of Oxford, 1960 - 2000
- Professor of Law, University of Oxford, 1992 - 2000
- Editor of the Law Quarterly Review, Other Institutions, 1988 - 2015
- Professor of Law, Emeritus, University of Oxford, University of Oxford, 2002
Public law: constitutional & administrative law, constitutional theory, legal & political thought.
Intellectual property law (copyright & trade marks) & private international law, from sixteenth century Papal printing priviledges to digital media in domestic & international law.
Criminal justice; philosophy of criminal law; penal theory; the history of crime & punishment; security & counter-terrorism law & policy.
Social theory; the sociology of punishment and control; historical and comparative analysis of legal institutions; the history and sociology of welfare states; sociology of law; criminological theory