About this Fellow
Economics South-East Asia Hong Kong and Taiwan East Asia China Economic Policy
- Professor Emeritus, Chinese Business Management and Professorial Teaching Fellow in Economics, SOAS, University of London
- Professor of Economics with reference to Asia, Soas, University Of London, 1979 - 2001
- Professor of Chinese Business Management, Soas, University Of London, 2001 - 2003
- Research Professor, School of East Asian Studies, The University of Sheffield, 2006 - 2008
- Professor, School of East Asian Studies, University of Sheffield, The University of Sheffield, 2006
Microeconomic theory; the foundations of welfare and public economics, social and collective choice, quotas and rationing, the theory of market and general equilibrium.
Theoretical econometrics and economic statistics; moment condition models, model selection and nonnested tests, specification tests, bias reduction and asymptotic approximations, survey nonresponse, survey-based estimation of expectations and national ac
Game theory and its application to the evolution of social norms, learning and innovation, theories of distributive justice, and the design of legislative systems.
Applied microeconometrics with an emphasis on structural modelling of individual behaviour; intra-household decision making; demand analysis; accounting for heterogeneity; survey design