Professor Barry Buzan FBA
About this Fellow
Barry Buzan is Emeritus Professor of International Relations at the LSE (formerly Montague Burton Professor), honorary professor at Copenhagen Jilin, and China Foreign Affairs Universities, and a Senior Fellow at LSE Ideas. From 1988 to 2002 he was Project Director at the Copenhagen Peace Research Institute (COPRI). From 1995 to 2002 he was research Professor of International Studies at the University of Westminster, and before that Professor of International Studies at the University of Warwick. During 1993 he was visiting professor at the International University of Japan, and in 1997-8 he was Olof Palme Visiting Professor in Sweden. He was Chairman of the British International Studies Association 1988-90, Vice-President of the (North American) International Studies Association 1993-4, and founding Secretary of the International Studies Coordinating Committee 1994-8. From 1999-2011 he was general coordinator of a project to reconvene the English school of International Relations, and from 2004-8 he was editor of the European Journal of International Relations. He took his first degree at the University of British Columbia (1968), and his doctorate at the London School of Economics (1973).
- Emeritus Professor of International Relations, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Lecturer, Senior Lecturer, Reader, Professor, University of Warwick, 1976 - 1995
- Research Professor, University of Westminster, 1995
- Research Professor of International Studies, University of Westminster, University of Westminster, 1995
- Emeritus Professor of International Relations, London School of Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science University of London, 2003