About this Fellow
The economic analysis of law, with a particular focus on regulatory law
- Emeritus Professor of Law, The University of Manchester; Emeritus Professor, University of Rotterdam
- Professor of Law, Newcastle University, 1975 - 1978
- Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Socio-Legal Studies, University of Oxford, 1975 - 1978
- Research Professor, University of Maastricht, 1997
- Professor of Law, University of Manchester, 1987
- , University of Leicester, 1967 - 1969
- Emeritus Professor, University of Manchester, 2012
Legal & political theory, both historical & modern, including theories of human rights, the rule of law, property, historic injustice, cosmopolitanism, democracy & unconditional structure, as well as torture & other security issues.
Public law: constitutional & administrative law, constitutional theory, legal & political thought.
Intellectual property law (copyright & trade marks) & private international law, from sixteenth century Papal printing priviledges to digital media in domestic & international law.
Criminal justice; philosophy of criminal law; penal theory; the history of crime & punishment; security & counter-terrorism law & policy.