The British Academy Summer Showcase 2022: call for proposals
The call for applications for the British Academy Summer Showcase 2022 is now closed.
Taking place at the Academy’s London home on Friday 17 and Saturday 18 June 2022 (with a Private View on the evening of 16 June), our free festival of ideas for curious minds celebrates the ground-breaking research from the humanities and social sciences that is shaping our world. We are looking for up to 15 researchers who will be given a space in our building to share their work through engaging and creative exhibits, fully supported by the British Academy team. You will have the chance to meet a range of audiences from influential stakeholders at the Private View through to schoolchildren, families, lifelong learners and young professionals on the public days.
Call for proposals opens: Wednesday 13 October 2021
Closing date for proposals: Wednesday 24 November 2021, 17:00 GMT
Why should you apply?
- Share and test your research findings with different audiences, including younger audiences and lifelong learners.
- Get public opinions and data to inform your research. Find out what people think about your research and gain valuable feedback. We also share with you the results of our public evaluation, making it easy to see your immediate impact.
- Develop your skills in public engagement as a route to impact
- Demonstrate the value of academic research to decision makers
- Inspire the next generation. In 2019, 38% of our visitors were under 35 and over 200 school children attended. The Summer Showcase is therefore ideal for reaching a younger audience.
- Our help at every stage. Using our experience, we help and advise you from start to finish.
We are searching for fun and innovative ways to communicate research to the public, created by inspiring academics who are passionate and enthusiastic about sharing their research. The call is open to current award holders (funded by the British Academy or the British International Research Institutes) whose work is sufficiently advanced, or past award holders still in the process of disseminating their research findings.
If you have any questions about applying to take part in the Summer Showcase please email [email protected].
Summer Showcase scheme details
Friday 17 - Saturday 18 June 2022 with a Private View on Thursday 16 June 2022
Call for proposals opens
Wednesday 13 October 2021
Closing date for proposals
Wednesday 24 November 2021 - 17:00 GMT
Want to find out more?
We hosted a pre-application workshop on Friday 29 October to introduce the Summer Showcase for those who are interested in taking part. The workshop featured the British Academy team, a public engagement expert and past exhibitors who aimed to help you think about how to develop novel ideas for communicating your research at the event.