Tuesday 25 November 2014, 11.00am The British Academy, 10-11 Carlton House Terrace, London
The British Academy and Westminster Briefing hosted an event on Data Skills at University on 25 November 2014. Speakers and participants examined what is being done locally and nationally for students in the humanities and social sciences, and discussed the wider perspective, including what students learn and best practice for developing students' confidence and capacity in data skills.
Speakers for the event:
- Andrew Dilnot, Chair, UK Statistics Authority
- Sharon Witherspoon MBE, Director, The Nuffield Foundation
- Neil Sheldon, Vice Presidient for Education and Statistical Literacy, Royal Statistical Society
- Professor Duncan Lawson, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Formative Education, Newman University
- Dr Denes Szucs, Fellow, Darwin Coll., Cambridge and Principal Researcher, 'Understanding Maths Anxiety'
- Dame Jil Matheson, Former National Statistician (Chair)